Introducing Mizuno MP15 & JPX 850 Forged Irons
FORGIVENESS WITHOUT SACRIFICE
TI MUSCLE INNOVATION
The MP-15 embodies the definitive balance of tradition and technology for today’s better player.
At address the MP-15 appears every inch the classic Mizuno MP iron – compact with clean lines, designed to enhance both feel and workability. Forged directly inside the 1025E steel framework is a re-engineered Titanium Muscle insert, which maintains thickness behind impact for solid feel, while allowing weight to be shifted to the perimeter to provide “full cavity” forgiveness.
The MP-15 is the perfect blend of classic looks and high-tech forgiveness.
- Ti Muscle: Delivers increased forgiveness with solid feel.
- Grain Flow Forged 1025E “Pure Select” mild carbon steel and pure titanium combine to provide the ultimate soft, solid and consistent feel.
- Tour Proven Sole and Compact Head: Deliver consistent turf interaction for enhanced control and workability.
“The MP-15 blends the best elements of two great tour irons – the MP-59 and MP-64. A really compact player’s iron, but with stability from off center strikes to provide the player forgiveness when they need it.”
Tetsuya Kanayama – Senior R&D Team Member
Mizuno JPX 850 Boron Forged
BORN OUT OF BORON
After 6 years of development - the introduction of BORON to Mizuno’s Grain Flow Forging process allows the JPX-850 Forged to overcome the distance limitations of traditional forged irons.
Mizuno’s new material is 30% stronger than traditional 1025E steel billets – allowing for a thinner face and extreme ball speeds. The result is an incredible iron that combines Grain Flow Forged precision and feel with shocking distance. A combination that was unachievable before BORON.
This new, thinner face is strategically reinforced by a Power Frame cavity which places weight to the extreme corners of the club head for maximum forgiveness along with increased distance. A clean, sleek design combined with these breakthrough technologies delivers an iron that looks and plays like nothing before.
- Grain Flow Forged 1025 BORON: 30% stronger material for thinner face and longer distance while delivering soft, solid, consistent feel.
- Power Frame: Enables entire face to flex for increased ball speeds and distance.
- Ultra CNC Milled Pocket: Higher launch angle and increased ball speeds in 4 through 7 irons.
“This is distance generated by genuine technology, rather than just cranking lofts or using longer shafts. It used to be that you had to give up distance to play a Forged iron … but with the JPX-850 Forged you no longer have to.”
Chris Voshall – Senior Engineer